Saturday, March 21, 2009

So after a long and arduous process, my screen-printed James Joyce inspired image never came out. I tried emulsifying and exposing my screen on two different occasions: the first time my imaged washed right off the screen, and the second time the extra emulsion would not wash off at all...until I hit it with the power washer. Big mistake, I basically blew off a ton of words and detail.

For the crit I just printed out a digital version of my image, which I wasn't so happy about since I didn't get the chance to play around with the screen print/colors/difference surfaces. I was really excited about screen printing since I had never done it before. Oh well. Trial and error. It was a good learning situation though, and hopefully the next time I attempt something like it I will know what mistakes not to make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment