Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Idea!!








So I have a new idea for our manipulation project. Last semester I took a class on James Joyce and we had to read Ulysses. The book is very visual, with different type sets, fonts, etc... The way the word is written really influences/ manipulates the reader's mind.

I want to create a scene based on the Circe chapter of Ulysses. In this part of the book the main characters are in the red light district of Dublin. I want to build an entire city completely out of the words from the chapter. There will be snippets of text, all out of place which will mimic the

1 comment:

  1. The idea is really strong, Joyce is one of my favorite authors, and following your wandering text is quite a bit like reading the book. I will be interested to see how you incorporate the digital. Have you considered using Illustrator to write the text on paths?

    ReplyDelete